Tuesday 29 March 2011

The Birth of a Word

So this is my first post so I thought I would put something intelligent in it. Recently I had to write an essay about emerging technologies for university, one of which was social TV. During trawling through pages of people simply linking the original article we were given I found the video shown below. A researcher at MIT named Deb Roy looked into how his son began to learn the English language. To do this he recorded his son's life from birth to the age of 5 and parsed 90,000 hours of home video to watch "gaaa" slowly turn into "water". He then goes on to show how similar techniques can be applied in the field of Social TV.

Anyway I won't give away anymore, you'll just have to watch it for yourself but I found it very interesting! The original source of the video can also be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment