Thursday 15 November 2012

Commuter Wars


So I have noticed recently that I seem to form rivals on my daily commute. Now these people have never done anything to insult me or anger me in any way, they just seem to be the people I notice every day on my journey to and from work! They are the people who get on my train (that's right, my train) and tend to sit in a similar place to me. 



Now because they do get on my train, my brain has decided they are my enemy, my rival! If I were Ash they would be my Gary (a Pokemon reference there that if you aren't between the ages of 20-25 you probably won't understand!) So every day I find us locking eyes at the platform as the train arrives knowing only one of us can sit in THAT seat and we must get to it as quickly but discretely as possible. This is one of the main rules in this duel, you cannot let on that you care despite the fact that at that moment there is nothing more important than getting to THAT seat!!! The winner will sit there and feel smug for the rest of their day while the loser will be forced to sit somewhere else and plan a better strategy for the morning!

Well that is my take on what happens on my commute and I personally find it a much more boring experience when your rival is not there... No one likes winning by default!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment