Wednesday 6 April 2011

Blue Bloods

So I spotted a trailer for this show recently and thought to myself "hmmmmm a drama about a New York Cop, that's original!" Then I got a bit more excited because it was created by Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green who were both involved in The Sopranos. I then got a little more excited when I found out Tom Selleck was in it (he is always brilliant and has a truly glorious moustache) as well as Donnie Wahlberg (one member of a very talented family...).


So I decided to give it a go and am pleased to say so far it is very enjoyable. The difference to other cop shows is it revolves around a whole family, the Reagan family, all of which are somehow tied into the NYPD, whether it be a policeman on the beat, a retired cop, a detective or even an ADA. This creates some tension when the different members of the family maybe differ in their views on a case.


I have so far only watched the pilot, which I feel is the best episode to judge a show on, but I must say I am already gripped. Hopefully it won't go down hill, and it would be a shame if it does! I have put a trailer below and I recommend you give it a go if you like gritty cop dramas or just impressive moustaches!



No comments:

Post a Comment